POWr Social Media Icons

Friday, 20 March 2015

† Beauty † Mini Cosmetics Haul (and first impressions)

I tend to do this thing where I wait until I need to buy several things from Boots or Superdrug (or other) because then I can do a whole shopping trip and it feels more exciting (life? what's a life?) 

Anyhow, that's what I did the other day. I bought many new products that I hadn't tried yet, so I figure this can be a sort of 2-in-1 Haul and First impressions. 

Firstly, I got several moisturizers because my amazing Soap and Glory Righteous Butter tub ran out... (My heart broke a little)


I got the Dove Winter Care tub, and 
this ADORABLE mini-Nivea pot


  • Dove Winter Care Cream (Limited Edition)
I really wish I'd found this cream before I posted my Winter Skincare post back in December... I only just saw this in Boots the other week though. 
I really really really love Dove moisturizers, mainly because when you apply them, they sink right in, a little goes a long way, and they don't have a "cakey" texture when you try and rub it in. 
With this one, I have to say at first I was a little disappointed with the texture, as it wasn't quite as "glide-on" as I usually expect from Dove. Needless to say, I was quickly converted!

Given the concentration on deep moisture ("winter care"), it only suggests that the product is doing its job if you find it a bit harder to smooth on. It does soak up quickly, because Dove still rocks :) The scent is very delicate, a nice sweet odour. I have no complaints, whether price-wise, effectiveness-wise or otherwise. (PS: I think this one was around £3)





  • Nivea Soft mini-pot
THIS IS SUCH AN ADORABLE PRODUCT. It was £1.20 at Tesco, but I really couldn't bypass it. Firstly because it is so so cute (does anyone else just love tiny versions of normal things?), but also because Nivea Soft is a great, great product. It's very light, very softly scented, and it's so good at moisturizing without leaving any oily residue on your skin afterwards. 


Because it's hard to see the size of it, I've included a photo of it on my hand. I have very small hands; the pot itself is about the same size as a Vaseline Lip Balm pot, but thinner. 












So yeah, this little guy will fit anywhere, and because I already know I love this cream, I felt like it was an excellent investment. (Plus, they have a 3 for £3.00 at my local Tescos, which I would have indulged in, except there was only one left...). I love it. Pure and simply. 

  • Pantene Pro-V Volume and Body shampoo
I used to use Pantene Pro-V a lot when I had damaged hair, and it really seemed to work well for me. Walking past them in Boots made me realise that I hadn't used any in a while, so I opted for this instead of my usual Head and Shoulders
Although this is technically a first impressions post, I am very familiar with one this in the Pantene line: their amazing smell. I'm big on scents, and it can be a make-or-break factor for me when buying any product, but in terms of shampoo, a scent I enjoy is absolutely required (my hair retains scent well, so I definitely want it to smell like nice shampoo). 

That said, the shampoo itself is clear, which I wasn't expecting. That's not really a problem at all, I was just expecting an opaque substance. 

Having used it a few times now, I am completely happy with this, Pantene still exceed expectations in the shampoo department. The only little niggle I have about this product is, after you wash it out of your hair, it leaves behind an odd feeling, like your hair is kind of squeaky to touch. I don't mean squeaky like "my hair is clean", more like "I've put something weird on my hair". It goes away very fast though, and there's no trace of it once your hair begins to dry. 

I hope this mini-haul was enjoyable for you, I sure got a kick out of it ;) I'd love to know if any of you have tried any of these products, and if so, what did you think? 

Peace out xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment