POWr Social Media Icons

Thursday, 19 March 2015

† Chit Chat † Get more traffic to your blog

Disclaimer: No spoilers (probably). Non exhaustive list

As a beginner myself, when Im looking up ways in which to help promote my blog, I'm often flooded with suggestions that don't actually help me that much, or are in fact plain old untrue. I thought I'd put together a little list of techniques and websites that have helped me; this is from one beginner blogger to another, I won't try and sell you anything :) 


This website is UK based, but it's by no means the only one of its kind. You can sign up as a blogger, a brand or a publisher. Essentially, it allows bloggers of all levels of experience (within the lifestyle/beauty/fashion scope) to come into contact with brands and magazines who are looking for bloggers. The layout is a little confusing at first, but you'll soon get how to operate it just fine! I enjoy this website mainly to explore what brands are looking for, but also to see what new bloggers are popping up on the scene. 






Here are some examples of the kind of thing you can explore on TBP

As you might see on the right of my blog, they offer some cool badges you can add to your blog (which I'd like to think add a touch of legitimacy, I'm such a sucker for that kind of thing...)





Now, I was probably very late to the party when I discovered and was amazed by this website. Essentially (for any noobs like myself) this website allows you to bring together in one spot all the blogs you follow, discover new blogs, and put your own content online. Through Bloglovin, I discovered so many more blogs than I would have otherwise, because regardless of the blogging platform, it'll fit on Bloglovin. It's so much easier than navigating various different websites, and it allows others to follow your account both on Bloglovin but also on your own blog. 






The minimalistic design is specifically great for anyone out there like me who has a yen for organisation and clarity. 

Those are the two websites I use which are specifically designed for bloggers to meet other bloggers. That's only a tiny bit of how to get your blog out there though! Social media is KEY.

(See what I did there? Made you look!) This is an obvious one, really. Pay specific attention to the hashtags, and you're good to go. Whenever you publish a new post, or just feel like putting your blog out there, send it out into the twittersphere!! One Twitter user I like particularly is F.B.L. Bloggers (@fashbeautylife); they routinely retweet various bloggers posts and that way are really helpful in getting your blog out there. 

Tumblr's the dark horse of social media. I personally love it and have my highest following on Tumblr. I chuckle every time I see yet another article talking about the "impenetrable alternative-ness of Tumblr". What they mean by that is that it's essentially for teens and young adults, and it goes by its own rules. Take your time to get comfortable with it, find your zone, and then occasionally throw your blog in for consideration! It's helped me a lot before, and I've found a lot of like-minded people on Tumblr. 

  • Honourable mention: REDDIT
Reddit is a gold mine. Seriously. There are so many wonderful subreddits designed specifically to help bloggers, meet bloggers, get advice, feedback... To quote only a few: /r/Blogging, /r/blogs, /r/blogfeedback. The list goes on, and gets more and more specific, following your needs. Reddit is really the place to go for any questions that a search engine can't answer to your satisfaction. 

Also, this might be a super obvious one, but get a google analytics account. It really helps gve you an idea of what exactly is bringing people to your blog in the first place!


There we go. I doubt I've shared anything groundbreaking, but on the off chance that it could help even one other beginning blogger, I'm up for it. 

I hope this helped!
Peace out xxx

9 comments:

  1. I have a tumblr account with like three followers, I still don't understand it, and also I haven't publish anything haha. Thanks for sharing !
    X,abril

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know your pain! It took me a while to build up to where I am now. Can you link me you Tumblr? I'd love to check it out :)

      Delete
  2. Very useful tips:) Thanks! I should probably try some of them:)

    bymadameem.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you think so! :) I love your blog!

      Delete
  3. A really useful and to the point blog post! And yes, I got here through reddit :-) I also used to find that stumbleupon sent loads - I mean looaads - my way but it won't allow any pages from blogspot anymore :-( oh well.
    I have G+, twitter, pinterest, reddit, bloglovin and now instagram too. . .I'm sorry to tumblr, but I just don't have time for another...
    :-) Bobbyanne xxxx
    promisingbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing! Haven't quite got the hang of Tumblr ye. Very useful tips though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are very useful tips. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. I gave up on Tumblr, but this kind of makes me want to try again. One of my favorite foodie/health bloggers used Tumblr and now she's like, blogger-famous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, there's lots of information and it's just a matter of trying and seeing what works best for your niche. For me. Facebook, Google Plus, Twitter and SEO work best.

    ReplyDelete