POWr Social Media Icons

Saturday, 14 March 2015

† Beauty † Current skincare routine (nighttime edition)

AKA keep your skin alive in early spring


Every year around this time, I have to resist the urge to wear shorts and a tshirt out, even though it's still winter, just because "we're in March now". The same can be said about my face- I don't take the same intense care of my skin, resulting in serious chapping,  because I'm dumb.... SO here's a light but effective skincare routine to keep your skin protected without feeling like you're still in the throes of some harsh winter. 

First of all, I use Garnier's Micellar Water (which I LOVE) to both remove my makeup, and then as a face cleanser. If I feel like it's not enough (if I've had a greasy face day), I follow that up with the Clean & Clear Blackhead Clearing Cleanser. The great thing about both these two (the Micellar Water and the Cleanser) is that all you do is pour a little on a cotton pad and swipe over your face. It's so quick, and amazingly effective. Plus, the Micellar Water is scent-less if that's your kind of thing!





Sorry about the less than ideal quality of the Micellar Water photo (and thank you to www.boots.com for the photo of the Blackhead Cleanser)



After that, if my skin isn't having an oily day, I use the Simple Kind To Skin Soothing Facial Toner, which is very light, but does a lot to get your skin healthier, and to give it a bit more of a glow. Once again, it's so easy to apply, just pour some on a cotton pad and smooth across your face in circular motions. I don't use it if I'm having an oilier day, because less is more on those days. 





Finally, in terms of moisture, I always use Superdrug's own brand Brightening Eye Cream. This goes a long way to reducing my puffy eyes (which I've always struggled with) and provide that area with well needed moisture. Because that area of your face is incredibly sensitive, best to put a little on your finger and dab it in rather than lathering it on. 



Finally, and once again, only something I use on less oily days, is perhaps my favorite face cream EVER: The Body Shop's Vitamin E Moisture Cream. It's very light in texture, and it's so refreshing and soothing! I bought it September 2013 and it's still not finished, a little goes a long way. It's a 100% amazing cream. 

 (sorry about the photo quality)

All of these products are affordable (I'm a broke-ass student) and they've been working well for me. I have combination skin, and this routine helps to keep a good balance!

Peace out xxxx






1 comment: